We identified these dangerous additives as "The Scary Seven." They are:Let me know if you think anything important is missing.
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Partially Hydrogenated Oils (trans fats)
- Artificial Colors
- Artificial Sweeteners (including acesulfame potassium, or Ace-K; sucralose [Splenda], and aspartame)
- Artificial Flavors
- Preservatives (including: sodium benzoate, sulphites (sulphur dioxide), polysorbate 60, 65 or 80, nitrites, TBHQ, and BHT/BHA).
Safe stuff for kids, people in general, pets and, well, really the whole planet
Monday, April 30, 2012
Chemicals in Candy: Not So Sweet
I came across this article on Healthy Child and it was as though I'd written it myself. My "concern" list would be identical, though not in this order (not that she said it was prioritized).
Labels: additives, chemicals, kids products
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment