With the Philadelphia Eagles just about to take the field for the Divisional Championship, I am proud to be a fan. But it's not just because of their success on the field. I'm very impressed with the green initiatives and commitment to educating fans about pro-environmental causes.
Here are a few of owner Christina Lurie's accomplishments that set the Eagles apart from other pro teams:
- Replaced 30+ tons of plastic by using bio-based cups, plates, utensils ,etc.
- Implemented energy-saving measures that cut Lincoln Financial Field's use by 33%
- Recycling of 19% of all waste generated
- Using renewable energy resources--100% run on wind energy, plus they have installed solar panels at NovaCare Complex to generate more power
- Encouraging fans to "buy a tree" in Eagles Forest
- Teaching people about achieving carbon neutrality
If an NFL team can do it and do it profitably, I must believe that more companies and organizations can follow suit. GO EAGLES!
Post a Comment